General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Taylor wires part number?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taylor wires part number?

2000 camaro ls1 ss with longtubes ive done some research and seems Taylor wires is the best to get does anyone know the part number I need? Wanting red if that matters
Old 03-03-2017, 08:07 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

FYI....
I bought Taylor Thunderbolts.....I think they were 10.2mm or something.

They all broke the first time I pulled them off. They are junk. I bought a new set and never used them.

I then just bought PepBoy wires for $36.00. They performed identical to the Taylors, on my 436ci stroker engine and my 427ci. No difference at all from the Taylors. The second batch of Taylors I tried out on my 427ci when I got that new engine.....all broke the first time I pulled them off too.

They break inside the boot.....the metal clip will not pull off the spark plug and even using a boot puller tool....it comes off but then you see the metal clip on the spark plug as the tiny internal wiring comes spiraling out of the boot and wire.....

If you want good wires, call Granitelli. They also warranty them for breakage. They also claim a horsepower increase by just swapping to their wires.....WHO KNOWS.....maybe.

ALSO.....you will see ZERO performance gains, NOTHING, with your set up. $36.00 PepBoys wires are all you need for the Horsepower level you're at. Gettting better wires with less resistance only shows gains on higher horsepower set ups.

Keep the factory metal heat boots for whatever new wires you use...especially with hotter LT's.....

Old 03-03-2017, 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Firecore or MSD.

Quick Reply: Taylor wires part number?