Jacking up the car over 24" - Page 2 - LS1TECH

General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Jacking up the car over 24"

Old 03-18-2017, 09:07 PM   #21
TECH Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6427 View Post
Pretty cool....but man that would take a long time to raise it up and get it back down.

They should make ramps that get it up onto the first level.....then jack up each tire to the next level. Cut the time in half to do that.

And after they were fully raised....I would still put a jack stand or a block of wood in each one.....in case one or more let go.

And it really needs wheel stoppers so it doesn't roll off the stands....

Did you watch the video? Doesn't take long. Also, the wheels fit into a depression to prevent them from rolling.
wav3form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:31 PM   #22
Staging Lane

A guy on a jobsite showed me a portable 4 post hydraulic lift, it was basically the pump, 4 hoses and 4 cylinders that bolted to the floor, removeable when done. The problem I have with getting a lift is I want to set it up in the center of my garage, but then it turns it into a 1 car
leftysrepsol is offline   Reply With Quote