General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2005 sierra rcsb no crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2005 sierra rcsb no crank no start

for the last 3 days ive been stumped, trying to figure out my no crank no start. monday evening i installed a 2nd wablro 450 pump, once finished the truck started fine and ran for about 5 seconds. i rechecked the fuel system and figure out why it died, used a wrong type of hose. i fixed that issue and truck still wont start. I checked the ignition switch, i am getting power out of the switch (yellow wire) to the crank fuse, which is fine. next step the starter relay, which isnt cycling, i swapped out the relay with the other 2 in the block and neither of those functioned. there is power getting to the 30 and 85 posts of the relay. i found a youtube video where he goes step by step and solves roughly the same problem but his relay cycled on crank attempt.

At the end of the video he mentioned something about the neutral safety switch, not sure what to check from there.
some info on the truck, over the last 2 months ive added a on3 70mm turbo kit, 80# DEKAS, swapped to return style fuel system, running on e85, did 4l80 swap with the trans go hd2 kit. had it running for about a week, was having overboosting issues with a malfunctioning wastegate but fixed that issue and decided to add the 2nd 450 pump and thats when my problems started

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-18-2017, 05:34 PM
Teching In

bumpp
Old 05-18-2017, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

Are both pumps running?

Can you jump the relay and make it turn over? (Remove relay and use a jumper in place to actuate the solenoid?)
Old 05-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead
Are both pumps running?

Can you jump the relay and make it turn over? (Remove relay and use a jumper in place to actuate the solenoid?)
yes both pumps will be running all the time but plan to run a hobbs boost switch to the 2nd pump on its own relay. and i test lighted the starter, i was getting power to the start and wasnt getting power to the start solenoid when cranking. so im thinking now that no juice to the starter solenoid, does that mean the start is bad??
Old 05-19-2017, 08:08 PM
Teching In

bump///

Quick Reply: 2005 sierra rcsb no crank no start