General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

#$@%. Drove through yard, bottomed car out. Exhaust sounds weird.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default #$@%. Drove through yard, bottomed car out. Exhaust sounds weird.

So parking my H/C/I Camaro in the front yard has started killing the grass so with my neighbor's permission, I drove through his yard to swing around to the back. The car has true dual exhaust that hangs low and I went over a mound where the car clearly bottomed out badly.

Upon parking, there are obvious spots on the ground where the car bottomed out and tore up the yard and there was an immediate change in the way the car sounded. It almost sounded rougher. have a cracked a header? Caused an exhaust leak some how? The mufflers both seemed to be intact. I was honestly hoping that perhaps I just got dirt up one of the mufflers but revving the car has not resolved the issue.

Can anyone tell me what my dumb *** has most likely done to the car?

Old 07-03-2017, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get under the car lazy, you probably broke a cheap clamp on the header to the year pipe
Old 07-04-2017, 12:12 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whisper
So parking my H/C/I Camaro in the front yard has started killing the grass so with my neighbor's permission, I drove through his yard to swing around to the back. The car has true dual exhaust that hangs low and I went over a mound where the car clearly bottomed out badly.

Upon parking, there are obvious spots on the ground where the car bottomed out and tore up the yard and there was an immediate change in the way the car sounded. It almost sounded rougher. have a cracked a header? Caused an exhaust leak some how? The mufflers both seemed to be intact. I was honestly hoping that perhaps I just got dirt up one of the mufflers but revving the car has not resolved the issue.

Can anyone tell me what my dumb *** has most likely done to the car?

Step 1: Jack up car
Step 2: Look under car
Step 3: Fix what you see from Step 2
Old 07-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Get a lift kit for future off-roading.....

Quick Reply: #$@%. Drove through yard, bottomed car out. Exhaust sounds weird.