General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2000 trans am intermittent spuddering

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 trans am intermittent spuddering

hey all. im at the end of my rope about this random spuddering issue. so when i go to start the car it doesn't idle, spudders as thought its going to die, but doesn't. it spudders for 1-=15 seconds. and then all is good. idles and runs fine.

has done it multiple times. all during startup. last week it did it while i came to a stop as i was backing into a parking spot. and as usual after 10-15 seconds it runs fine.

in addition im not sure if it has done it while i am driving but im pretty sure it has. in 3rd or 4th gear the car just looses all power like i hit a brick wall. i push in the clutch and it seems to go away and i let the clutch back out a few seconds later and it runs fine.

what ive done, had the alternator out and bench tested, good, battery, good. just took apart half the wiring harness and will be looking for a wiring issue but i dont have high hopes. re-did all the grounds in the car, (rear of drivers head, behind both headlights, passenger wheel well, battery terminals.)

car does have a custom tune from east coast supercharging, 3.73 gears that wine like theirs no tomorrow, but thats another matter lol.

i got nothing left. any help wold be appreciated.

thanks in advance guys
Attached Thumbnails 2000 trans am intermittent spuddering-20141224_161725.jpg  
Old 09-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Check for codes, sometimes you can find a problem in there even when you didn't get a "check engine lite". May not be electrical, may be a sensor or something?
Old 09-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No codes, first thing I checked.

I had a temp sensor high voltage code the other day. Was just driving normally and my temp gauge just died. And maybe 2 mins came back and worked again. I'm looking into that side of the wiring harness. It's driver be4 cat o2, alternator, temp sensor from what I've gone thru so far.

Quick Reply: 2000 trans am intermittent spuddering