General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Traction Control Indicator Lights Not Working. Please help trouble shoot.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 12:15 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Traction Control Indicator Lights Not Working. Please help trouble shoot.

I have a odd problem. My traction control works just fine but both the TCS ON/OFF light and LOW TRAC indicator light in the gauge cluster do not work. Neither does the indicator light on the traction control switch itself.

Clicking the switch does turn traction control on and off as I can easily test it and feel it working on the gas pedal, but all lights and indicators associated with the system do not work.

Any idea how to start diagnosing this issue? I checked all fuses associated with traction control and gauge cluster and all are fine.

I also tried grounding the brown/white wire on the traction control switch and it failed to light the switch indicator on.

Appreciate any advice to help solve this. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The ON indicator light in the switch is on the circuit protected by the GAUGES fuse. You could check that fuse but I would expect other symptoms beyond just TCS if it was blown (daytime running lights, rear hatch release, etc.).

The instrument panel indicators are managed by serial data rather than a simple power/ground switched circuit. That makes it unlikely to be a fuse or single wire causing the problem. Do the indicator lights come on during the bulb test when starting the car?
Old 12-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Do the indicator lights come on during the bulb test when starting the car?
When I start the car the LOW TRAC gauge light comes on briefly then turns off. The TCS ON/OFF light never comes on during start or anytime after on the gauge cluster.

The TCS indicator light switch never turns on but as I mentioned the switch does work.

When the car engages traction control and pushes back on the accelerator, the LOW TRAC light does not turn on as it should to indicate its active.

Last edited by 2000FormulaMan; 12-09-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Launching!

As a last resort I reset my ECU but it made no difference. All the same symptoms still persist as described above.

Any additional advice would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Traction Control Indicator Lights Not Working. Please help trouble shoot.