General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C Comp no power/not showing in PCM

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A/C Comp no power/not showing in PCM

Alright so I recently got the engine back in my 01 SS and had a broken high pressure line. Replaced the line, vacuumed out the system and went to charge it back up and the A/C compressor pigtail is not getting power. I did some research before posting this and yes I know that the compressor wont be triggered on until the pressure in the system is high enough, but the pressures were well within operating range for the system. One thing I did pick up on though was when I was getting the car tuned, the tuner mentioned that the A/C was not even showing in the PCM. Could it possibly be a PCM issue? I dont want to start throwing a bunch of money or parts at this thing only to find out it's something simple, but I also would like to get the a/c working again soon so the kiddos and I can enjoy driving the car around and not roasting them to death in the Texas heat. Let me know what I can check to try and narrow down what the cause is.

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2018, 07:50 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

If you register on Autozone.com, you can get access to the official GM schematics. Here's the one for my '99, which I'm sure is the same as your '01 for the compressor. There's a lot going on for this control! I'd start at the relay in the underhood fuse box and work back from there...