General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS Fuel Filler Neck

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS Fuel Filler Neck

My truck's a fleetside 8.0' foot bed. I ordered a fuel filler neck (SPECTRA PREMIUM FN770) and hose to go with it (ACDELCO 15113987) because the ones on my truck were showing signs of age (rust, old rubber, etc.). When I went to go install them, I noticed that the fuel filler neck had a shaft that was about 4 inches shorter than the OEM one - the hose was the same length. So I was looking at the new parts assembled together and they were not going to reach the fuel filler door if installed on the truck.

I was wondering what people get for fleetside beds seeing as these are the wrong pair to buy (even though they matched the description). ACDELCO doesn't provide fuel filler necks, at least from my searching.

I was also wondering what's so special about these rubber hoses - could I just use a regular heater hose (will have gas going through it)? Is there a length of rubber hose available online somewhere than I can buy to cut to length (so maybe I can use the new fuel filler neck instead of sending it back)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by NikoKourm; 05-12-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

I picked up some hose that's used for making fuel drops to hook up my filler neck in my camaro after I cut it to get it in and out easier. Got it from my local hydraulic shop, also our local napa has fuel neck hose they sell by the foot, swing by one of those places and you'll be good to rock and roll.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fuel...hrome&ie=UTF-8