General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Anything else to check for fuel pump issue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything else to check for fuel pump issue?

Hi everyone,

I'm checking in here to see if I've gone through everything before concluding my fuel pump needs to be replaced. It's a 1995 Camaro, and I took the tank out of the car a few months ago and fixed the fuel sender level assembly and replaced the decaying rubber seals in the sender unit, some evap hose, etc. Checked everything out and just reused my TRE pump. Hadn't had any issues with it.

Car has run some since then but hasn't really been driven. I took out a couple days ago, after idling for a bit and checking some fluid levels and stuff, and got a mile before the whole engine shut down on me. Won't start, and no fuel pump coming on when you turn the key. No fuel pressure on the gauge I connected up. I've checked all the (possibly) related fuses (good), pulled the pump relay and checked that (also good), and I pulled the 3 wire connector at the back of the car and verified that there is 12V going to the tank/pump.

So, I guess my pump just died suddenly? And, how can I get the 10ish gallons of gas out of there to pull the tank since siphoning is difficult with these cars? Thanks

Old 07-01-2019, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try banging on the bottom of the tank, do it with the switch on them you can hear it when it kicks on.