General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Left Turn Signal Won't Flash

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:00 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Assuming you mean both side turn signals aren't working, there are two places to check.

First, check the TURN/BU fuse. If you don't have a fuse tester, either replace the fuse with a known good one or just check if your backup lights are working (they're on the same fuse).

If replacing the fuse doesn't solve the problem (or you find the BU lights are working so you know the fuse is okay) then the turn signal flasher is the likely culprit. There are separate flashers for turn signal and hazard lights. The T/S flasher is under the dash to the right of the steering column. The hazard flasher is further down on the left side of the column. They are the same part so you could swap them and see if the signals start working (the hazards would stop working). If so, a replacement flasher is just a few dollars at any auto parts store.

None of this applies if one side signals are working but the other side isn't. That usually means a burned out bulb on the side that doesn't flash but it could be corroded bulb sockets, the switch, the DRL module or somewhere in the wiring.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just spent the afternoon tracing down a RF turn signal bulb issue . I found something nobody on this thread had mentioned , or at least I didn't see it . My turn signal switch is not sending a right turn signal on the dark blue wires in the flat plug under the column . The green (rear) is blinking just fine , but nothing on the dark blue . The yellow and light blue blink on left signal . I think my turn signal switch is bad , and I'm going to change the bearings and races while I'm in there . Just wanted to say that is a possibility .
Old 03-29-2019, 08:16 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Yes, your diagnosis is probably correct. To confirm, try turning on your hazard flashers... if the right front lamp flashes with the hazards but not with the turn signals then you can assume the turn signal switch is the problem. You have a good point but the reason it hasn't been mentioned is because it's a uncommon cause for the problem. "When you hear hoof beats, think horse not zebra."

Quick Reply: Left Turn Signal Won't Flash