General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ignition problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Question Ignition problems

I recently swapped the idle air control valve on my 94 Z28 and it ran fine for 2 minutes. Afterwards it started spitting and sputtering, and idling radically, going from 600-1000rpm. So I turned the car off, and I seen that coolant was leaking out of the bottom hose from the throttle body. It did not leak alot, but the electical plug in behind the water pump was wet. I assume this goes to the opti? Anyway, I put a new clamp on the hose, dried the water as best as I could, and tried to start the car again. I got a hair dryer and dried the clip as best as I could with out taking it apart. It would not hit a lick at all, both before and after my doing this. Would this clip be my culprit? I am going to take it appart tomorrow and blow it out with compressed air and use electical connection cleaner on it, and then put some di-electric grease on it. If this does not solve my problem, would the opti be my problem? Please help me out because I am really unfamiliar with lt1s, as I have only had this car for a few months. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by 67SS&99Z28; 12-25-2004 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, sounds like the tb coolant line leaked on the opti. Not good. Let it "dry out" overnight and try it again in the morning but dont get your hopes up. I think the opti is toast. Its easy to blame ignition problems on the opti but its hard to look anywhere else in your case.