General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car wont even crank

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont even crank

ok i just finshed porting my tb everything is back in order went to start car and it wont even crank over. heres what ive tried so far dis. the battery pulling fuses turning key for ten min. to reset. cleaned connections. uninstall and reinstall over and over. i didnt over port the tb the gate is fully closed and i checked the tps and i have fire going to the white wire also when i turn the key the ign. relay clicks and the tps makes a noise. so whats wrong ????? please help me out before my care turn into one of those that sats in a field and grass grows threw it .
oo yea its a 01 ta 6 speed.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you getting power to the rest of your car?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

Is it possible that one or both of the Vats wires from the ignition cylinder broke as you shut the car off prior to your install? My 99 SS had this problem with only 19k on the clock. My car drove fine all that week. Sunday afternoon came around and I decided to run down to the local parts store for some new wax. The car started perfect and ran perfect the whole way there(about 5 miles or so). I pulled into the parking lot, shut the car off, and went in the store. I came out ten minutes later if that, jumped in the car and nothing! It wouldn't even click...seemed like a dead battery. Since I was at the store I went back in and bought a new battery and installed it but nothing. I ended up getting it towed home. Here it turned out the wires broke from the cylinder for the VATS. I had to have the ignition cylinder replaced.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Default power everything just not cranking

yes radio and windows work just not cranking
Old 01-13-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cravenhp
yes radio and windows work just not cranking

Is the security dash light on?
Old 01-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Teching In

[no the security light goes of th eonly thing that happens it the ing. relay clicks and the tb make a noise but besides that nothing .