General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

trying to track down a misfire, nasty when cold, intermittent mid range...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to track down a misfire, nasty when cold, intermittent mid range...

Pretty much like it says. Since I got it, I've noticed some intermittent sputtering/missing in the lower/mid RPM range at partial throttle, that stumbles a little and evens out.

This morning was the first cool-ish morning (~55 degrees), and it was a very noticeable, pretty nasty sputtering from idle - 2000rpm's.

I've changed the driver's bank of spark plugs about 3 weeks ago (haven't had time to change the passenger side). And it really didn't do much. So, I'm figuring it's got something to do with either the passenger bank, or...well not sure.

I dunno how bad it can be though, it ran 13.5 down the 1/4 bone stuck, and got 28mpg going through the hills of VA/WV on vacation, so...i dunno. ideas?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar problem on my 95. It was dirty fuel injectors. Have you tried to run injector cleaner through? I noticed that it ran much better with the cleaner in but went back to sputtering on the next tank. I eventually had to replace the injectors. I got a set off of Ebay for $70 (that was a REALLY good deal).