General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Clicking noise when I turn my heater on?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clicking noise when I turn my heater on?

When I turn my heater on I notice this clicking/weezing sound. When I turned up the fan speed the clicking got faster. This has happened before on my old 99 camaro. Have any ideas?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Typically something stuck in the ducting. It'll come loose before too long. Happened to me many times.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Ya that happened to me about 2 months ago. It is something you hear then roll your eyes and think this freaking car is falling apart just like my last camaro did - and then the sound magically went away about 2 minutes later!!! WHOOO HOOO!. Yeah probably something stuck... because I know these cars dont fix themselves.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:20 PM
Launching!

I've the same kinda noise a couple times... like a leaf or paper hitting the fan. It went away after a couple minutes.

If it doesn't go away, I suppose you'd have to pull the fan and see what's what. Does anyone know how to pull the fan and how long it takes?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:24 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZeeVert
I've the same kinda noise a couple times... like a leaf or paper hitting the fan. It went away after a couple minutes.

If it doesn't go away, I suppose you'd have to pull the fan and see what's what. Does anyone know how to pull the fan and how long it takes?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/330397-c-making-bad-noises.html has some info about that

Quick Reply: Clicking noise when I turn my heater on?