General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

VERY strange electrical issues, need help before everything goes

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VERY strange electrical issues, need help before everything goes

I posted this in the electrical forum also, but I see a lot of somewhat similar posts in here as well, so here is what I posted there:

So the other day my left blinker stopped working (gauge arrow display lit but didn't blink). I walked around the car and found that the driver side high level running lamp was out, but the low level was fine (aka when I turned the head lights all the way on). I decided I would eventually replace it when I had time this weekend as I don't drive all that often.

A day later, the entire light was out. A day after that, the passenger side running light went out and the blinker stopped working in the same way as the driver side.

Today, I noticed that the indicator light for my rear defogger would not light up when pressed, yet the defogger worked just fine. In addition the red LED on the driver side door at the door handle wasn't working, but the passenger side was.

I checked all fuses and nothing was burned out and everything was making a satisfactory connection. WTF is going on???

The only thing I can POSSIBLY think of that could cause an electrical problem was when I accidentally touched the positive battery terminal with a socket wrench over this past weekend while tightening something or other I was working on under the hood on the engine. However, this was after the driver side blinker ceased functioning.

The engine starts and runs perfectly with no problems under light, part, or full throttle. There is no noticable power loss.

I'm slowly but surely starting to lose everything in my electrical system it seems and I can't figure out why... HELP PLEASE