General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

"creaking" noise in rear.

Old 10-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "creaking" noise in rear.

Whenever there is a medium to strong weight shift either right to left or when accelerating in REVERSE I get a slight "creaking" sound in the rear. When cornering/making turns, I think the creaking comes from the offloaded side. Now, I just changed the shocks, sway bars, rear lca's, and panhard rod in the rear. The stock springs remain. I really don't think the symptoms are coming from the shocks (i really hope not!). I can't duplicate the "creaking" by pressing down on the car from the outside. What I think it is, is the sway bar end links. I did not torque them to spec in the rear for lack of a torque wrench. I finally got one when I did the front sway bar, but I was too lazy to go back and torque the rear end links. For any of you experienced guys, what do you think? Tomorrow morning I am going to underneath the rear to see what I can find. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Banned

sounds like sway bar bushings like what just happened to me, order up some energy suspension ones
Old 10-29-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the same problem!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like a sway bar bushing/endlink issue.

Uhoh zone should have replacements. I would try just rubbing the stockers down with some sort of lube, lithium grease, moly graphite... etc etc....

Search this Thread