General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

sticking left turn signal and broken parking light

Old 11-16-2005, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticking left turn signal and broken parking light

K today i noticed my front drivers side orange parking light is out and the lense is cracked..where should i get the bilb and lense from? cheapest? part number?

also my left turn signal is stuck..i tap it and it sticks on the dash and the rear light sticks? how do i fix? thanks
Old 11-16-2005, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

ok i read the manual and it says that if it sticks its a burnt out bulb. anyone have the part # for me?

also for the front parking light that is burnt out and lense cracked should i just go to the dealership to get it? part #'s anyone? thankyou
Old 11-16-2005, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

k from what ive read..if i turn the left signal on and it sticks and i go outside of the car and see that the rear left light is solid lit (not blinking) and on the same side the front signal (daytime running light) is out..then all i need to do is simply replace the front bulb and everything will be good. sound right?

i need a drivers side front DRL/signal lense and bulb..is the bulb number 4157NAK? get lense from dealership?
Old 11-16-2005, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Go to any parts store and you can get the bulb.
As far as the lens, if it's just got a hairline crack in it, you can use some clear caulk for a ghetto fix. If it's demolished, then replace it.
http://www.partstrain.com/products/L...~TRANS_AM.html
This is the cheapest I know of. Don't go to the dealer....
Old 11-16-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 11-17-2005, 06:04 AM
TECH Regular

I also have a "Sticky" signal. Mine is the right side. However, it is intermittant. I have checked all the bulbs and cleaned all connections thoroughly. This has been going on for a few months. I figure if a bulb was going bad, it would have by now. I even replaced the bulbs anyway becuase some of the nipple connections were concave around the socket connections. It seems that if I play with the turn signal lever, I can some times get it to blink. The turn signal switch is new. The 4-ways work. I'm not sure where to look here. Any ideas?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

wow not sure bud. mine was just a burnt out bulb and the connector had water damge and is starting to corrode..tossed a new bulb in and that was that
Old 01-03-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by narc
k from what ive read..if i turn the left signal on and it sticks and i go outside of the car and see that the rear left light is solid lit (not blinking) and on the same side the front signal (daytime running light) is out..then all i need to do is simply replace the front bulb and everything will be good. sound right?
Hmm... this is my exact problem, except on the passenger side. I hope a new bulb is the fix, and Advance Auto around here says they don't carry the thing.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:27 AM
TECH Regular

Of course when I finally fixed mine, I never bothered to post what the problem was... Sorry!
It was a while ago when it happened to me but I'm pretty sure (99%) that I had a loose socket in one of my rear lights. I figured it out by turning on the turn signal and wiggling the bulbs around until it worked. What was happening was that I was getting an intermittent connection to the second filament in the bulb making the signal work/not work. I replaced the socket (with an advance autoparts off the shelf part) and haven't had a problem since. A good way to test if you simply have a burnt out bulb, turn on the four ways and look to see which one is not blinking.

Search this Thread