General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

brake light; automatic headlights

Old 02-01-2006, 06:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two quick questions

1. Yesterday the BRAKE light came on in may car. I looked in the manual to see what it ment, but I couldn't find it. I was just wondering what it could mean and how serious it is.

2. Ever since I baught my car, three weeks ago, at night the lights would turn on automaticaly and they would turn off during the day. But last night when I turned my car on the lights didn't go on and I had to turn them on manualy. I was wondering if there was a way to get the lights to go on automaticaly again. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1.The e-brake lighte or the abs light? if its the e-brake light then either your e-brake is on or the little electric sensor is stuck, if its abs then its most likely something minor like new brake pads, sometimes the light comes on when it feels the brakes slipping too much.

2. Well our cars are supposed to have automatic lights, and there is a turtorial somewhere on how to make them manual, if this really bothers you i suggest searching for the tutorial and maybe you can figure out how to reverse the process.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camaroextra
2. Well our cars are supposed to have automatic lights, and there is a turtorial somewhere on how to make them manual, if this really bothers you i suggest searching for the tutorial and maybe you can figure out how to reverse the process.
I thought only the canadian built cars had the automatic headlights? I don't know if it's right but I read that the sensor for the automatic headlights is in the dash...in that vent that's on top of the dash for the front windshield defrost to blow through.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:21 AM
Teching In

thanks guys
Old 02-02-2006, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kenafin_02TA
I thought only the canadian built cars had the automatic headlights? I don't know if it's right but I read that the sensor for the automatic headlights is in the dash...in that vent that's on top of the dash for the front windshield defrost to blow through.
our cars were built in canada
Old 02-02-2006, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

His ebrake was up a little...

It causes both the brake light and the auto head lights to not turn on.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by j3ff
His ebrake was up a little...

It causes both the brake light and the auto head lights to not turn on.
haha o snap thats right, and i was all excited when i figured that out, cant believe i didnt put 2 and 2 together
Old 02-02-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camaroextra
our cars were built in canada
I meant the cars that were built that were slated to be shipped to Canada...because of differences in Canadian and US vehicle laws...there were slight differences between a car that was destined for the US and one that was destined for Canada...of course some of the cars designated for one place ended up in the other.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kenafin_02TA
You're wrong about the auto lights only in canada
you're right about where the sensor is.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

sometimes when the e-brake(sets off the red BRAKE lite) is engaged even a little, it doesn't make the headlights automatically come on. the brake only has to be up a tiny bit. it took me a bit to figure that out on my SS

Search this Thread