General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

help trouble shoot to get my car to start, what do i check?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default help trouble shoot to get my car to start, what do i check?

ok been tryng to start my car for a couple of days no luck. I have fuel pressure, lights and stuff come on but the starter wont engage, nothing with the starter, accesories just dim like there suppose to when i try it.
i hooked up my HPT and i get this for dtc's

P0123 - Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage (SES) (Pending) (OLD) (History) (Current) (Immature)
P1637 - Generator L-Terminal Circuit (OLD) (History) (Current) (Immature)

Continuous Tests:
Misfire - Incomplete
Fuel System - Complete
Comprehensive Component - Complete

Once Per Trip Tests:
Catalyst - Complete
Heated Catalyst - n/a
Evaporative System - Incomplete
Secondary Air System - Complete
A/C System Refrigerant - n/a
Oxygen Sensor - Incomplete
Oxygen Sensor Heater - Incomplete
EGR System - Complete

for the guys who dont know on the back ground of the car its a 99 transam, which im doing a custom truck manafold turbo kit, so it hasnt been started for over a year. ive pretty much yanked out and put everything back in it this last year. i think i hooked up the wiring harness right
(as ou can only put the plugs in one place right?)

another thing that might be the culprit is on the passenger side wiring i had to extend, the ones that go over the shock towers in the engine bay. I thought i got the wires right but might not of as there are alot of wires the same color in the same connector, so i mihgt have messed those up by accident. So how can i check for this?
when i first tried to start it yesterday and hooked up the battery the running lights came on for no reason., I unhooked one of those wiring harnesses that i extended tried starting it (still nothing) then rehooked it and when i hook up the battery again the lights dont come on any more (they only come on as normal when i turn them on at the dash)

anybody got any ideas that i can start checking