General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How to get this out of my exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How to get this out of my exhaust!

There is something in my exhaust by my passenger side header thats rattling around pretty good and LOUD, its very very annoying. The bad part is the exhaust shop that fitted my ORY (My stock I-Pipe was welded to the stock Y so i had to cut it when I did my headers etc. and took it to an exhaust shop the next day to get it welded up) well, they welded the collectors to the Y-Pipe too, so I cant unclamp it to get to it, only thing i can think of is getting like a retractable magnet and trying to see if i can get it out through the o2 connection. Or sticking a vaccuum hose down the cut out in the I pipe and seeing if i can get it to suck it up, which I doubt. Any other ideas?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it gets real annoying, cut the exhaust and just get it welded back up for real cheap.....problem solved.......or is the object inside the actual header primary???
Old 03-02-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both of your ideas are worth a shot, it's hard to say what's in there and if it's metallic or not. Personally I would try to cut the y pipe, get the piece out and put it back together with band clamps so I could get it off later if needed.