General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Proper Way to Lift Up F-Body Car with Hand Jack

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Proper Way to Lift Up F-Body Car with Hand Jack

Title speaks for itself... Could be but whatever.
I've heard countless stories gone bad about people lifting up their cars (both mechanic shops and in their own garage) with fenders bending or breaking things. My question to everyone is.....
When using a hand jack (not the factory jack), where is the best spot to lift up your car? I want to take the wheels off and clean/polish them, I can either do one at a time or both front, then back.
Now before you jump down my throat, I know where to position the factory jack under the car to change a flat (where the undercarrige dents in a little bit), but that jack is garbage (shows you in the owners manual).
Plus the Craftman Jack I have is the aluminum racing jack and the part that touches the car is about the size of a big coffee mug. Therefore, without doing any damage (car is my baby ) where would be the best spot, floor boards, axel, what?

Any help and PICS would be great!!! Im trying to do this today!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Look under the rear of the front fenders you'll see a large part or the uibody that where you want to be. You'll see 3 bolts on the bottom tab of the fender its behind that. The rear catch the frame rails infront on the LCA's.Look on the right side of the pic where the orange lift arm is.
http://www.organ1zedcha0s.com/chuckc...going%20up.jpg
Old 04-13-2006, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ift_points.htm