General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power Window Problem Yes I searched

Old 04-13-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Problem Yes I searched

First of all yes I searched and could not come up with anything that resembled my problem.

When I press the window button to go up or down it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work I press down then press up and if I hold up there is a buzzing noise coming from under the dash infront of the console. Like I said, sometimes the window works fine. And if it doesn't that noise happens when I hold the up button (makes noise for like 3 seconds). Any ideas? Thanks
Old 04-13-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

The window relay is probably going out. You can just replace it. The major problem is our windows are way under powered. Usually when the motor starts going out, the relays can sometimes get fried from trying to get the window up/down at a snails pace.

There was a write up a long time ago about redoing the wiring to a thicker gauge. I'm not sure the exact size, but like going from 18 ga to 12 ga and it made a huge difference.

More than likely your motor is taking a dump as well. Id replace the window motor and the relay. There's write ups for that as well and its not to hard to do. I've done both my doors. Eventually I'll upgrade the wiring.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went ahead and replaced the motor and everything seems to work fine. Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread