General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Are the wires that connect to the throttle body supposed to be tight?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are the wires that connect to the throttle body supposed to be tight?

I was taking a quick look at my throttle body today, and noticed that two wires run to the "valve." (I dont know if thats the right term, but they seem to open and close the TB)... Are these wires supposed to be taut? I pulled on them a tiny bit, and noticed they had a bit of play. With nothing to reference to, I cannot tell if this is normal. How tight are they supposed to be?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i know mine is fairly taut. you might not be be getting full throttle blade opening
Old 04-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like you need to adjust the throttle cable. Follow the cable and you'll see a little box that's part of the cable...that's the adjuster.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Sounds like you need to adjust the throttle cable. Follow the cable and you'll see a little box that's part of the cable...that's the adjuster.
Im gonna work on the TB this weekend (cleaning). This is why I was inspecting it, and I noticed the loose-ish wires. Is there any way to determine how tight they should be? In case I didn't mention, its a 98 TA A4.

Quick Reply: Are the wires that connect to the throttle body supposed to be tight?