General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

any ideas to take care of dents?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas to take care of dents?

alright, it was stupid of me but i was trying to back out of my drive way and had my brothers jeep behind me so i pulled forward and tried to go out sideways but i just didn't have enough room so now theres a couple dents right above the rear wheel on the right side. i tried to use a suction cup but i didn't help much! can anyone help me out with something i can buy to fix this or if i need to go to a paint and body shop could u tell me how much? the dents aren't that bad but there still there and it's annoying. thanx for the help!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Just go get a damn estimate. Post up on the texas section and ask if there is a good body shop around your area.... yeah, and that stupid little suction cup thing you saw on tv doesnt work, and wont work, unless you drive a honda civic, then it will work every time
Old 08-28-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Find your local Dent Wizard for paintless dent repair. As long as the dent is accessible from behind the panel, and is not located directly on a crease, they should be able to take it out so that even you will never know it was there.

I had several dents/dings (including the dreaded 'torque dimples') taken care of in this manner and I seriously can't find where they were...

The guy I use charges $75 per panel, which includes as many dents as there are in that panel. If he attempts to repair a dent, and can't get it to where you can't tell it was ever there - he doesn't charge.

-Jay-
Old 08-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Teching In

And to 1quickws6, thanks alot for your advice. i really appreciate it. you basically told me what i needed to know. thanx.

*** edited by Keliente

No need to bite his head off.

Last edited by keliente; 08-31-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pic of the dmg? i got a place on my quarter (pass side) where a s10 backed against it
Old 08-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Teching In

yeah, i'll post a picture of it up tomorrow. gotta find the camera. how does yours look? is it real bad?
Old 08-30-2006, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

You might be able to push it out if you remove the speaker from the sail panel (or whatever the back seat area is called there). I had somebody hit me there and I put a deflated football in there and aired it up and pushed most of the dent out.

Wear gloves and a long-sleeved shirt when you reach in or your arm will come out looking emo.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:43 AM
Teching In

alright man, thanx alot too! i'll try everthing i can. Where exactly is cedar park? are you anywhere close to me?
Old 08-30-2006, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

I am actually in Austin right now (student at UT); my home/tools are about 20 miles north of me in Cedar Park.

Probably no help there unless you plan on making a trip out this direction, sorry.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Teching In

nah, just wondering, i use to make alot of trips but i don't have much time anymore. i'll see what i can do about my car after i get paid, thanks alot for the info everyone.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t/a snake eater
yeah, i'll post a picture of it up tomorrow. gotta find the camera. how does yours look? is it real bad?
not that bad.. then i have hail dings but i heard those are easy (both quarters @ top.. mostly passenger side.. same side the s-10 hit it)
Old 08-31-2006, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by t/a snake eater
i just wanted ideas bofore i did that *** hole. and i found a suction cup that i ALREADY had and it actually did help some, so thanks for telling me absolutely nothing! And to 1quickws6, thanks alot for your advice. i really appreciate it. you basically told me what i needed to know. thanx.
In calling me an ******* you're just making yourself look like one. I have had dents in the past and had to go get them fixed by a professional, and thats why I told you to go get an estimate.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

At least no one suggested the dry ice trick. That **** don't work.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by BORN2LOSE
At least no one suggested the dry ice trick. That **** don't work.
The WET-ICE works good, as long as you are really, really, FAST. ...........
Old 08-31-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Ive gotta try that dent wizard, ive got a bunch of little tiny dings here and there that are bugging the crap outta me
Old 09-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Teching In

yeah, when i look i can notice little, tiny dings every now and then, but u can't notice unless u stare really hard i guess. and to nickls1, sorry, i thought u were being rude, my mistake, let me apologize and say sorry, we got off on the wrong foot man. thanx for the help, i really don't have much time for anything anymore, just barely enough time to get on this site and post up.