General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Passenger side turn signals won't work

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Passenger side turn signals won't work

Just got my car fired back up after 2 years of being down. My passenger side lights are acting very weird. When I put my turn signal on it blinks very fast and my headlight blinks as well. The right side turn signal on the dash is on all the time. If I turn the foglights on the pass side doesn't come on but my high beam on that side does. When I hit the high beams the pass side is very dim. Could there be a short somewhere?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

I should add that everything works with the hazards. I swapped bulbs and it's the same thing. Looks like I may try a new socket. If I pull the bulb completely out everything blinks like it should except my fog light on that side won't work either. I swapped the bulb there as well.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Ok I tried a new socket and the same thing. My headlights on that side are acting funny also. The high beam is on when the low beam should be. After I changed the socket I took a wire to ground straight from the socket ground and both sets of signals would flash very fast and all the rest of the lights would work. It only lasted a little bit and I think it burnt out the flasher under the dash. When it was flashing fast I couldn't heard the flasher clicking. I think that's all the info I can give.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm im lost man.....check the load on the wires
Old 09-29-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I finally figured it out. When I relocated one of the ground wires from the front core support it wasn't making good contact. I cleaned it up and it's good as new.