General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

replaced new opti now no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default replaced new opti now no start

Okay I just replaced with a brand new opti, and now it does not start, so I checked and the coil wire is sparking, and I pulled a wire off the sparkplug and it getting a really nice spark. So I assume it is not the new opti then. But I have had the cars front jacked up all day, and so I checked a plug and it is really wet. So is that my problem? And from what leaving the cars front up on jacks?

thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

alright I tired flooring and starting. All it gives me after a couple seconds is a backfire and a pop sound but still no start. but seems like it wants to fire up.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Launching!

uhm, those teeth have to be lined up in the same spots they were when they were taken off. Otherwise the car will never start. Try turning the opti then putting it back on until it works. It sounds like it's not firing correctly.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

oh forgot to mention it is the dowl type opti like here

http://shbox.com/1/opti_back.jpg

So it only goes in one way, so i dunno
Old 01-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I was thinking gear opti. I dunno. Did you double check it when you put it back on? Did it have this trouble before replacing the opti and last of all, do you have your wires going to the right plugs. I messed that up once with 2 cylc on a v6 and it was really hard to start it.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

yah all the plugs and everything are correct. I even pulled a sparkplug and it is sparking really good. So the coil is sending a spark to the opti. So there is spark, and i know there is fuel. But like I said the plugs a pretty wet so maybe they got flooded. how i dunno maybe from sitting on a angle on the ramps.