General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

a few questions about 98 z28

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few questions about 98 z28

Ok, I got a few questions:

1. I went to get my windows retinted, and the guy said that there is a little peice that rests against the window with a felt tip. He said the tip wore off and the metal part was scraping the tint. I went to a dealer and they were clueless, so does anyone know the name of this part and/or the GM part number?

2. Where is the windshield washer fluid pump located? What does it look like?

3. There is a small but very annoying gap between the weather stripping and the drivers side window. When I wash my car, water pours in. Its only on the lower 1/4th of the window... any ideas what to do to fix this? The weather stripping looks fine, and I know you can adjust the window, but can you adjust the window for the lower part and not the upper?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Twigs
Ok, I got a few questions:

1. I went to get my windows retinted, and the guy said that there is a little peice that rests against the window with a felt tip. He said the tip wore off and the metal part was scraping the tint. I went to a dealer and they were clueless, so does anyone know the name of this part and/or the GM part number?

2. Where is the windshield washer fluid pump located? What does it look like?

3. There is a small but very annoying gap between the weather stripping and the drivers side window. When I wash my car, water pours in. Its only on the lower 1/4th of the window... any ideas what to do to fix this? The weather stripping looks fine, and I know you can adjust the window, but can you adjust the window for the lower part and not the upper?
1. Can't help you there, but if makes you feel any better I need mine replaced too.
2. Its on the bottom of the window washer resesvor(SP)
3. Theres bolts inside of your door panel for that.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On #1 - they're called window stabilizers, two on each door. Here's a pic off shoebox's site on a 95, but look exactly like mine when I pulled my panels off to do my window motors. http://shbox.com/1/stabilizers.jpg
Old 01-30-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Plugged in the PN at gmpartsdirect and it's still good - print the pic and make the dummy at the dealer look it up anyway to be sure...
Old 01-30-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

what makes the outside of the window get scartched because mine are scratching on the outside
Old 01-30-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Choppers
what makes the outside of the window get scartched because mine are scratching on the outside
Don't know for sure - probably something to do with the outer window seal on top of the door. Rubber on the top but underneath might be metal, or even held on with metal clips? Can't remember, sorry. You'll have to pull the door panel to find out exactly what's going on.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Choppers
your tint on the outside of the window is scratched?? or the glass is scratched? (i hope you didnt tint the outside...)
Old 01-30-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

glass
Old 01-30-2007, 08:33 PM
On the tree

It is from the dalers, when the car sat on the lot and they use those lock boxes and slide the boxes along the window it scratchs the window. I just figured this out about two months ago when I noticed my wifes 06 Lincoln Ls had some from when it was on the lot.