General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Engine noise and oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine noise and oil leak

Car's a 2000 Z28 with almost 90k miles.

About 500 miles ago, I had my knock sensors replaced. The SES light is still on. When the guy pulled off the manifold, he dumped out probably 6-8 oz. of oil. I figured that was from a bad pcv valve, got that fixed. The engine leaks oil underneath but I cannot find a visible leak.

Also, recently the engine sounds like it has a bad vaccuum leak but I have checked all the hoses and tightened everything, still sounds like something has a hole in it. It is very noticeable, especially in the garage.

The worst part... the car is starting to idle really roughly and at very low throttle, I hear a clicking sound-if an engine could fart-this is the sound it would make--almost a gurgle. Throttle response is nearly 0 at 50mph...

I have changed the plug recently as well as the oil. I have also seafoamed it, changed the fuel filter, the pcv valve, and I thought I'd ask before I went and spent a fortune I don't have at the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Abidar; 03-27-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Man Im there with you Im having that same problem with my car leaking or loosing oil quickly in my ride. Replaced my PCV valve but it also seems still like Im burning oil to fast. Cuz had to put in almost two quarts tonite.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Every time I check my oil, I've got plenty... I don't know wtf it is. It's going to the dealer tomorrow at lunch.