General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

nasty exhaust exspultion!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question nasty exhaust exspultion!

so i had my car sittin in my driveway today and i went out to run her for a few min. so i started her and went inside for a sec. when i came back out i looked at the garage and noticed a black wet spot on the door! from the exhaust hitting it and condensing! what would this mean?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:10 PM

It means you havent taken your baby for a long ride lately. How dare you. This is LS1 Abuse, and you should be reported to authorities.

Actually, it could be valve guides wearing, or very slight ring wear, or a a buildup of unused gasoline and you got a small drop of oil inside the cylinders. When you started the car up, this oil burned, and marked it's spot on your door.

Same thing happens when you leave your male dog indoors too long. It starts marking his spot.

Go out and leisurely DRIVE your car, and it shouldn't do a lot more on the wall. If it continues to get bigger, you got bigger problems.

The size of the oil spot is directly relational to the amount of money about to leave your wallet.

UncleDave
Old 04-07-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

i am not abusing her... i never would! she has another problem that is hindering her movement. but i do run her daily
Old 04-07-2007, 09:42 PM

Just run her a bit, not wildly mind ya, just a gentle 2,000 rpm for a few minutes should work. Enough to get her to operating temp, and simulate a 5-10 minute drive. DO NOT race an engine not hooked up to rear tires and ground, It needs the balance of resistance. Just a higher idle for a bit, and kindly ask your mother in law to move her butt so you can get outta the driveway.