General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hoping someone might know what im talking about

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Hoping someone might know what im talking about

Well to start off, ever since i got the car i have always felt it had a dead spot around 1000-1500 rpm..which in turn made the car very hard to take off normally from a light. Either id have to rev it to like 2k and slip the clutch to take off or slowly release the clutch and give it gas and have it either kind of chatter or bog real bad. I feel its more of the engine thats doing it, i dont think the clutch is too bad i could be wrong. Well anyway today i was drving with the a/c on and noticed that three time from launching from a light it almost stalled. I then wondered what the hell was wrong with me and then realized maybe it had something to do with the a/c being on. I turned it off and launching it was back to "normal". I also noticed that if the a/c on and the car drops to around 1500-2k itll feel like it has a low end miss. By this happening it makes me believe that having the a/c on is just verifying a problem that has been there all along ( by i guess adding more drag to the engine?). Im thinking it's the plugs just b/c i remember i this happened to my old v6 camaro when i put bosch platinums in it( it had a dead spot right off idle that felt like the car would stall for a second, it was an automatic though). However this car has autolite platinums in it from the previous owner...not sure how well they work in an lt1? Other than that..should i look anywhere else? Opti is new as is the cap and rotor. I feel its an ignition type problem but i could be wrong..