General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Loose ground cause high voltage? ABS and Fuel harness together?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose ground cause high voltage? ABS and Fuel harness together?

So before I drop my gas tank to find out, is there any chance the wiring harnesses for the fuel pump (specifically the fuel level sensor) and the ABS are at all connected?

I have high voltage readings for my RR wheel speed sensor and my fuel level sensor. This in effect disabled my ABS/TCS and makes my fuel guage useless. I know its not the wheel speed sensor as I replaced it and the reluctor ring seems to be okay. I'm not very good with electrical stuff, is there any chance that those two harnesses come together or have any similiar grounds anywhere at the back of the car?
Old 06-12-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What it sounds like to me, especially after reading your sig, it seems like the wires at the rear bulkhead connector are scambled. I suspect you have snipped them out at one time or put a diff wiring harness in your car. I don't see how you could have that issue for any other reason except a wiring short or swapping a harness and mixing up the wires. You should be able to fix this not by dropping the tank but by removing the carpet and fixing your wiring issues at the bulkhead connector!

Get some long leads for your multimeter. Disconnect everything from the bulkhead connector. Place one lead on a pin and other where it is supposed to go either on the ABS connector near the frame rail or PCM harness....verify continuity.

Loose ground, maybe. But the way the harness is! There are no ground points. Everything is hardwired in the harness or through a connector.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I'll check that out.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, keep posting what you find out. We will solve this. I have solved many a problem that the dealer said was impossible. That is how I started. Proved their *** wrong!

If I lived closer I would help. I know these cars are horrible to work on but man I love them.