General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Water under passenger seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water under passenger seat

Ok, I hope someone can help me with this problem. I unbolted my rear passenger seat and it is totally wet. I felt the sides of the seat cavity and it is dry, but the bottom is soaked. Where would this leak be coming from? Rear hatch? Any help would be appreciated. I am going to pull up part of the carpet tomorrow and run a hose over it and see if I can see where the water is trickling from.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you got t-tops?...if so theres your problem, if not...look for body damage underneath or an ac/heater issue
Old 06-14-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this sounds dumb but i kept getting water under the passenger seat and passenger floorboard. It only happened on hot days when I had the ac running. There is a ac vent tube under the passenger side that can easily get blocked with spyder webs and other debree. If the tube going under the car is blocked the water the ac produces will back up in the car instead of draining outside(near the front passenger side tire), I poked the hole with a coat hanger(to clean it out) and havent had a problem since(2 years ago).