General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

major noise after sitting with AC on,,,grinding

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default major noise after sitting with AC on,,,grinding

OK, as the title states. I had this problem last year, and had my sway bar ends greased and it stopped,,,but this year, its doing it again. My wife and i went to lunch and sat at the airport with the AC on while we ate. About 20 mins later, we shoved off to go back to work, and every bump i hit would cause this very bad sounding grinding noise. When i got out of the car and pushed on the top to "rock" the car side to side,,it sounds like its coming from the sides of the front end,,,both sides! Once the car cools down, or all the water from running the AC goes away,,the grinding stops. I have not yet re-greased my sway bar, but should i have to grease it every year? We drive our car roughly 3000 miles a year, so it does sit in the garage quite a bit. Does anyone else have an issue like this? Thanx everyone.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

the milage is at 38000.,,

really?, no one has had this happen, or heard/seen it before? Searching on here for grinding or sqeaking is pretty in depth (you get a ton of stuff to sift through,,and have with no luck)

Thanx again.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

put some washers below and above on my STB bar,,,was told this will help with nasty noises,,i'll let ya all know how this worked out in the summer of 08

Happy Freakin Holidays!!!