General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

OMGWTFBODY'S issues and repairs thread: Swap advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OMGWTFBODY'S issues and repairs thread: Swap advice.

I decided to do this here for suggestions and to track how I think they fare in my car.

The car is 80 miles short of 100K.

There is an empty Airport near my house, that has about 3/8 of a mile of open asphalt, about 40-50 yards across. I lined up against a "stock" 02 Z28 Auto, and ran him twice. From a dig, I put a half car on him in first, then got walked until he was a carlength ahead at 90. (IE, he put 1.5 cars on me from 30-90)
What is the best way to recover this power loss, or is this typical of a 98-02 difference? (mods below)

I have started Seafoam in the gas tank. I have a fuel filter to put in when this tank is empty.

BTW, does Seafoam have an octane rating? It felt different leaving the gas station... mainly faster.

I have another can to clean the engine with for this weekend before I put in new oil (GC 0w30+K&N oil Filter). Should this give me back lost power, or do I need mod more just to compete with a stock auto Z?

I plan on doing plugs and wires at some point soon, and would like to know what bolt on/sotck cars run best with.

Mods:
ST Rear swaybar
Hurst Shifter + Short stick
3.73 Rear
Flowmaster Catback (Losing this as soon as I can find a good exhaust or TD system)
Rotorwerks Slotted Rotors
Hawk Carbon pads
17x9.5 Black Z06 Replicas
Skip shift eliminator
Some random clutch (Centerforce)

Broken:
Driver's side window mount.
Driver's side window tint.
Clutch is angry.
EGR Valve SEL.
Driver's side headlight gear (In the mail, supposedly)

Repaired:
Replaced Faded Center taillight piece.
Hot wired AC compressor (That annoyed me)
Passenger side seat forward/back adjustment.
Details:
Replaced broken dinky piece with 1/4" Braided steel cable. Used two clamps to wrap ends. Make sure that you you attach the cable to the right location, or it takes a ridiculous amount of force to move the seat.

Make sure the cable goes through the END hole, as the middle on there means that I couldn't move it once it was in the car. Oops.

Cost of Cable + clamps: <5.50$

Just trim up the excess wire and you're done =D

Car pics: