General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

my 01 yokon died then got better!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 01 yokon died then got better!

My 01 Yukon would not start. 70K miles. It will spin over but no start. It had been sitting all day. When I went to get the fuel pressure gauge (5 minutes) I tried it 1 more time and it fires up. No problems since........A few months ago it had the same problem but always after a drive and cut it off. Like a trip to the grocery store. Come out and no start. Then about 30 minutes later it is fine. I figured it was the fuel pump heating up and would not start back up until it cools so I replaced the pump and filter. No problems since. Until this last one. Any ideas?

Last edited by 86 Silverado LS1; 10-28-2007 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

It is more than likely the electrical connector for the fuel pump. When the pump goes bad it overheats the contacts in the plug. When the new pump is installed, heat from the bad connection makes it open intermittently causing the stall condition. REAL pita to figure out. I replace the connector on all pumps we do at the shop after having a tahoe eat my lunch about seven years ago.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now that you say that....I did change it.

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
It is more than likely the electrical connector for the fuel pump. When the pump goes bad it overheats the contacts in the plug. When the new pump is installed, heat from the bad connection makes it open intermittently causing the stall condition. REAL pita to figure out. I replace the connector on all pumps we do at the shop after having a tahoe eat my lunch about seven years ago.
I forgot about it until you say that but.......A pump from GM for that truck will not plug into the factory plug. GM sends both sides of the connector and splices. So it is all new. I guess GM has the same idea you do. Any others?