General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Idler Pulley BS...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idler Pulley BS...

ok i bought a new idler pulley (the flat surfaced one near the alternator) and figured hell.. this will be an easy swap. wrong? I take the old one off and put the new AC Delco one on from advanced but it seems to be touching the bracket its going to be spinning on. So i take it off and see i have a large metal spacer thing behind the pulley that i guess makes it where it'll spin freeley, my question is #1. why the hell is it hitting up against the bracket thing? and #2 why dont i have one for the front of the pulley?. Both of the pulley's look exactly alike, all #'s match on the bearing part, the little bearing greese covers, everything, so I'm assuming its been changed before and is also an AC Delco pulley.. but still i'm confused by the fact i only have one of the spacer things and unless its flipped a certain way the pulley will grind up against the bracket thing...

all help is appreciated...

p.s. i also just bought a Gates pulley from o'reilley to see if that will work... idk tho with only one of the spacers?

thanks,
michael