General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Took headlights out to clean them, now I can't get them back in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Took headlights out to clean them, now I can't get them back in!

Help!

I'm feeling like a total noob on this one, but basically I took the headlights out of my 2001 Camaro to clean them, and now I can't get them back in!

I know it's simple but I can't get those things to line up and I already scuffed up my front fascia a little bit from pulling them around. How are you supposed to insert them, and how can I get them in? It seems like they are too big to get back in without accidentally breaking something.

HELP!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's strange, putting the headlights on should be a breeze. Your hood is open right?

Place the headlight in it's spot and just nudge it around a bit. Once everything lines up, screw the single bolt on.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newton
That's strange, putting the headlights on should be a breeze. Your hood is open right?

Place the headlight in it's spot and just nudge it around a bit. Once everything lines up, screw the single bolt on.
I tried that, but I can only get one side in at a time. If I try to put the outside edge in first, I can't get the inside edge in, and if I try to put the inside edge in first, I can't get the outside edge in. This is driving me crazy.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had to work mine around to get it back in. I think i placed the outside edge in then worked the inside, I don't remember though.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

It takes a little work, but they will go. I just did mine the other day. Do the outside first...cram it in as far as it will go. When you do that, the adjuster stud that faces the core support should be stuck against the metal bracket. Reach your arm in and pull it up so it goes into the hole that it is supposed to. Then you should be able to slide the inside in past the bumper cover.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got em!

It's amazing what a second go at it and not having 4 beers in you will do.