General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Grinding noise coming from rear?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grinding noise coming from rear?

Lately I have been noticing a somewhat loud grinding noise coming from the rear of my vehicle during take off. The best way I can describe the noise is like a naked fat lady scooting her *** around in a leather chair.. (Don't ask!). Anyway I don't hear it if I take off very slowly, but if I give it just a little more gas I can hear it. The same noise also occures through driving range, but only when the roads are very wet. I cannot figure out the problem. My friends dad is a service manager for Pontiac and when he rode in the car his conclusion was possibly something in the rear suspension.. and I am afraid of rear-end problems.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Joe
Old 05-11-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

When my *** end started grumbling the first thing I did was take off the rear cover and realize I needed new gears!! At the cost of only some fluids you may want to check it out may be able to save em if that is what your problem is. Awesome avatar!!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

I made an appointment this afternoon to have my mechanic check it out. The only thing that I can't figure out is when I hear it through driving range.. why the roads have to be wet in order for that to happen. Hell, I don't even know what gears I have in the rear. I can tell you that the car won't smoke tires for anything.. What are the best gears I can put in with a basically stock/bolt-on LT1 and stock 4L60E?

BTW, thanks for the compliment on the avitar. Knight Rider kicks ***