General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

compressor clutch not engaging

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default compressor clutch not engaging

my ac clutch isnt engaging therefore my ac isnt working right. would i just be able to replace the clutch or is there some kind of sensor somewhere i can check?
Old 07-16-2008, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

your clutch will not engage if there is too little pressure in your ac system or too much pressure also aka contamination. Most likely it will not cycle becausae you have a leak. You can find the low pressure cycling switch and jump it usually to check for compressor clutch engagement but i bet you ust need a can of r134a. try that out first
Old 07-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Banned

thanks for the info. i charged ther sysytem today with the rechill system and the pressure started building up decent then it went from like 45-50 down to like 30 consistently so im like wtf. i then look around a lil bit and i was thinking the evaporator was draining water as it should but nope its the lower ac hose that comes from the condenser and passes like right beside the crank pully dumping ac oil everywhere. so now i have to start by replacing the line and then go from there. But recharging the system did get my compressor clutch to engage so at least i dont think that part of the system is bad yet =P
Old 08-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Teching In

My pressure in the system is close to 100% and clutch is still not engaging... does this mean the condenser and accumulator need to be replaced?