General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

drivers door wont lock or unlock

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drivers door wont lock or unlock

Hello,
I brought my car back to the place where i got my alarm installed thinking that a wire came loose from the alarm system becasue the drivers door wont unlock. They told me it was the door actuator. Looking online i found some but not sure which one to get becasue there is more then one for the drivers side from the same company.
Any help would be helpful or if you have a good one laying around.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

So, the can lock and unlock manually but not with the electronic locks?

You can get new ones from the dealer. Try gmpartsdirect if you don't mind waiting for a week or so.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Staging Lane

yea i can do it manually. How does the actuator come out? so i have to remove the whole door lock? i didnt trust them so i made sure there was poweer at the actuator and there was, so i know how to get to it jsut not out
Old 08-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by makxc50099
yea i can do it manually. How does the actuator come out? so i have to remove the whole door lock? i didnt trust them so i made sure there was poweer at the actuator and there was, so i know how to get to it jsut not out
Ah - I was going to say, "Don't trust them and check the power at the actuator!"

You should just have to remove the rods from the actuator and unbolt it from the end of the door. The factory manual calls for also removing the door lock first, but I'm not sure why. (I've never had an occasion to remove it, myself.)
Old 08-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

thanks for the help. the actuator should be here tomm. just gotta find time around work now to do it