Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spintech Mufflers Any Good on LS1's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spintech Mufflers Any Good on LS1's?

I had these Spintech Prostreets on my Dakota R/T but had them taken off so their just sitting in my room. I've heard alot of the F-body guys at dynos all saying that they like the Spintechs, anyone else recommend them? I know they made a big power difference over Flowmasters w/ my truck.

Also (keep in mind I'm new) why does all the stock exhaust on the SS & WS-6 have the drivers side pipe flattened like it is? I bet thats restrictive as hell. I take it most people get a pipe to match the passenger side? And 2.5" is the stock pipe size correct?

Sorry about all the questions just trying to get everything right the first time.

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Spintech Mufflers Any Good on LS1's?

Well I guess no one else has an opinion...guess the only way to find out is by putting them on.

Should I go ahead and do the true dual setup?
Old 09-22-2003, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also (keep in mind I'm new) why does all the stock exhaust on the SS & WS-6 have the drivers side pipe flattened like it is? I bet thats restrictive as hell. I take it most people get a pipe to match the passenger side? And 2.5" is the stock pipe size correct?

Sorry about all the questions just trying to get everything right the first time.

Thanks!
If the spintechs are small enough to fit, then it would be fine. Spintech owners seem to be very happy with the mufflers, but size will probably be your major concern. TD w/spintech's sound pretty damn good

The exhaust pipe on the driver's side it bent to improve ground clearence. Even though it looks really bad, it flows ok. I wouldn't worry about changing it unless you plan on cutting your cats or putting on headers.

Welcome to the site, BTW , and don't worry about asking questions...just try to be a little more patient - this isn't a facts-on-demand website Sometimes you have to wait more than a few hours before you get a response.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

I think you will love the spintechs. I lied the way they sound on the cars too. Quiet idle loud throttle HAHAHAH!!!!!!! Oh, sorry, do it, your gonna love it and it will be loud and they fit nice under the car too, and if they are the right size they sould flow good and not betoo quiet.

Quick Reply: Spintech Mufflers Any Good on LS1's?