Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is running badly, couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is running badly, couple questions

First, I need to find out the name of the part that the air lid sits on and is connected to. When I put the FTRA a while back I cracked it and used a bonding material to seal it. Now my car is running horribly and I need to find out why. Second, I removed the EGR and AIR systems from my car when installing headers. For the AIR system I pretty much removed the system and all of wires and tubes. For the EGR i just removed the system and the connection that goes to the intake manifold. I'm not sure if I forgot something. Could not having removed EVERYTHING be making my car all of a sudden run really bad. I'm not sure what the problem is but I and getting bad mileage, white smokes out of the back, less power, and a very noticeably loss of stop in power around 2000-2300 rpms. It almost seems like i stop pressing the peddle for a half a second. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

ideas anyone?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Same problem here but top end is really good but I went from a 26 mpg avg to 22.8
Old 01-05-2009, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chase22
First, I need to find out the name of the part that the air lid sits on and is connected to. When I put the FTRA a while back I cracked it and used a bonding material to seal it. Now my car is running horribly and I need to find out why. Second, I removed the EGR and AIR systems from my car when installing headers. For the AIR system I pretty much removed the system and all of wires and tubes. For the EGR i just removed the system and the connection that goes to the intake manifold. I'm not sure if I forgot something. Could not having removed EVERYTHING be making my car all of a sudden run really bad. I'm not sure what the problem is but I and getting bad mileage, white smokes out of the back, less power, and a very noticeably loss of stop in power around 2000-2300 rpms. It almost seems like i stop pressing the peddle for a half a second. Anyone have any ideas?
White smoke can be a bad sign......smelling any coolant?? I've always called it the lower airbox or air filter housing. Could be a tuning issue. Make sure all EGR ports are sealed up.

Last edited by SS1875; 01-05-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm assuming you put on headers with no EGR or AIR fittings? Are you sure the EGR hole in the intake was completely sealed? The crack in your lower air box shouldn't affect the car at all. Just make sure everything is plugged in correctly. Do you have any codes showing up? The white smoke is not a good sign - could be a bad gasket.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

well i dont know what happened but i would make sure all you hole's have plugs,and check the top of the manifold, i used a expansion plug from autozone for mine. other than that it sounds like you need a tune. this will make a very noticable difference in your car.esp if its an auto.