Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few questions (MAF, scangauge(misfire), idle)

Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few questions (MAF, scangauge(misfire), idle)

I have a few more questions for anybody that might be able to help me out.

1.) I've got an Aeroforce scan gauge and I was flipping through the different parameters today. I stopped at the misfire parameter and I noticed it was at 0 for a while and then I gave it about 1/4 throttle and it jumped to 2. Then I later opened it up all the way and I watched my a/f go down around 10.0-10.2 and the misfire was reading 0. Then tonight when I was coming home it was idling really rough. It was reading 2-4 misfires on my cruise home and once it showed 24 while I was sitting at a stop light. Any ideas what might be going on? It tries to jump forward sometimes when I'm stopped, and while stopped, the a/f gauge goes back and forthe from 16.5-18.2 and then to the dashes (like it does when you let off the gas). I don't know if that's normal, but I don't remember my dumdumdumdumdum doing that.

2.) I bought a stock MAF to replace my Granatelli (tuner didn't like it). Is there anyway to tell if it is working okay before I go all the way out to Chandler to get tuned again?

3.) Is anybody good at tracking down exhaust leaks? I think I found my biggest one, but I have what sounds like a leak up front somewhere and I can't figure out where it is coming from.

At this pace I won't make it to the track for another year.

Thanks for any help guys.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have any ideas? My main concern is the rough idle and misfires at idle.

Search this Thread