Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What parts to make TSP true duals over the axle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What parts to make TSP true duals over the axle?

I have the TSP true duals dumped under the car with Dynomax bullet mufflers. It is way to loud and I was going to go with a traditional catback with a borla muffler to quiet it down, however, I thought about perhaps extending the duals over the axle and dumping it out the back of the car and then running two mufflers. I imagine that would quiet it down significantly without reducing any performance. I would like to know what pipes I need to extend it over the axle and out the back of the car. Would I just need 2 of the Dynomax intermediate pipes and then 2 of the Dynomax over the axle pipes? I would like to get this done ASAP I just want to be sure that these are the right parts before I go and buy them. Thanks
Mitchell
Old 02-27-2009, 02:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two pipes are very hard to get over the axle. I've done it with 2 1/2" and I won't ever attempt that again. I recommend that you go under the axle and out the back. An exhaust shop would be able to do this no problem and should be cheaper than buying the parts your looking into.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the true dual sticky!!! me and a friend didnt it on my car and it was a pain in the ***, but when its done you will like it better
Old 02-28-2009, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah just get them under the axle thats how my are.I have LT with 3 inch true duals.