Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New To This Thing So I Need Help

Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question New To This Thing So I Need Help

I have a 2002 Trans Am and I just got my Pacesetter LT Headers and ORY pipes in the mail and I couldnt be more excited. I have been doing some reading on how to install but havent gotten a really clear concise set of instructions/guide for installation.

Is there anyone out there that has somewhere they can direct me so I can get these things in correctly and swiftly?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Start in the back of the car and unbolt the cat back and pull/slide it off the Y pipe and let it hang on the axle. Next remove the o2 sensors and unbolt the Y pipe off the cats. Then remove the 6 nut's holding the cats to the manifolds... If you dont really care about it, use a air gun if you have one and it will probly break a few studs that hold the cat to the manifold. Next get under the hood and start removing the egr, and the air fittings from the manifolds. Then unbolt manifolds from the heads. You may have to get under the car to get the back bolt on the pass side. Once there is no manifolds change your plugs, I would recomend getting some hi temp anti seize for the spark plug threads and some dielectric grease for the tops of the plugs where the wire snaps on. Also unbolt the dip stick tube from the block and remove it. Next start to put the headers in. Through the bottom is the easiest. Have a buddy, girl friend, wife ect help if there around, get the first bolt in so the header will hang. You can do it by your self just alittle bit of a pain. Once the headers are in slide the Y pipe in and reinstall the o2 sensors, also using hi temp anti seize on the o2 threads. Then slide the cat back on the Y pipe and bolt up your hangers.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117548
Old 07-16-2009, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Thanks to both of you... I will take a read through these.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Well these help a bit. Now its time to see if I can really manage to get it done right.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how,d it go, u have any ses lights
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 AM
TECH Junkie

the write up i did...very concise

Search this Thread