Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter LT, Texas Speed ORY, magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok here are some finished pictures. I will try to get some during the day and replace these if I can.

Still on the ramps, drivers side

Clearance between floorboard and y-pipe

On the ground clearance

On the ground - Front view

These did not turn out well, I will try to get some during the day..

Don
Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, good deal man. Whatever works. At least you weren't cutting 6" out like we were talking about before.

I've got my tips as good as they are going to get. I'm sure its a little easier to get the single tips looking satisfactory than it is the dual tips. Take your time with it and I'm sure you'll get it looking right in no time.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:20 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You posted your pics while I was writing that last post. That looks about like what kind of clearance I have, so I think we're close.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Q-
Hey, good deal man. Whatever works. At least you weren't cutting 6" out like we were talking about before.

I've got my tips as good as they are going to get. I'm sure its a little easier to get the single tips looking satisfactory than it is the dual tips. Take your time with it and I'm sure you'll get it looking right in no time.

Haha, I have played the tips dance a few times. I am a little **** on how those look from the back...I just wanted to get it on the ground tonight :-)

It took a lot longer than I planned, but three days off because of a sore back and and abrasion on my cornea (which hurt like a mother) took four days away.. It actually was fun until the final part. I hadn't worked on a car in a while, that was something I wanted to do and not that I had to do.

Don
Old 12-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Teching In

This May Be A Stupid Question But When U Guys Say Yall Are Cutting A "Tab" Off the Back Of The Block. What Excatly Are You Cutting. I am Fixin to Start My Header Upgrade and Trying To Get All The Info I Can.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by donman
Here are some pictures. I haven't clamped everything together yet. I hurt my back last week and am working on it at a snails pace...hopefully tomorrow I will finish it up. I have some adjusting to do on my tips. The right side sticks out farther than the left side. They are the Dual tips, and it is noticeable.

I guess my biggest question is how much space did you leave on the drivers side between the Y-pipe and the floorboard..?

Sorry these are not that great...it turns dark too early nowadays.

Merge

Drivers Side

Most of Y-pipe

Passenger Side

Feel free to post anything you see I am doing wrong.

Oh ya, Yes I am paranoid..Jack, jack stands and ramps :-)

Thanks

Don
Hey buddy I have the same thing has your but I have borla exhaust and I had to cut the left side little bit and now my left side hangs down little but I never could get my pips to sild over my hearders
Old 08-18-2014, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Hey did you have any clearance issues? Did you have any clearance issues on the cross member

Quick Reply: Pacesetter LT, Texas Speed ORY, magnaflow