Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to install LS6 Intake Manifold Video

Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dropbox?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bjorn20
well this is starting to **** me off with trying to compress it for email. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this video back to TheBlueKnight ????

I also tried uploading to photobucket, and thats not doing a damn thing for some reason. So I dont know what else to do besides doing it over a messaging system such as AIM.
You can just try posting it to Youtube yourself if BlyeKnight doesn't mind.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Will these help ? I did a Google search

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhUOwKvufSE
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHNAR...eature=related

If I can offer a bit of advice, One thing I don't see mentioned in all the how to's is to push out from the bottom the sharp, pointy, blood sucking push pins that hold down the weather stripping across the cowl edge of the engine compartment.

Another is to use 1 rubber band wrapped around the back 2 manifold bolts on the pass side to hold them up, and another rubber band to hold up the back 3 on the driver's side. IMHO, this is better than zip ties or garbage bag ties

Last edited by jg rider; 05-26-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Teching In

^^^ wow i had no idea there was already videos of that out there

Yea I don't know how any of you were able to do the swap or any kind of work in general behind the cowl without removing those pins holding the weather stripping on? The first time I stuck my hand back there and got scratched; 30 seconds later there were all popped off. They were honestly the first thing I removed in the swap.

for that 3rd bolt on the drivers side that is a few inches under the cowl, i just used 1 rubber band and hooked it around the end of the fuel rail facing towards the front and had no problem.

But anyway, problem is solved. The second video of TheBlueKnight's hard work is on youtube.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good find jg rider!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you guys swap your oil pressure sending unit and knock sensors while swapping the intake? Just bought an LS6 intake and I'm looking to cover all of my bases. Also planning an EGR/AIR delete while I'm in there (Longtubes will probably be installed at the same time - race style). So far my parts list looks like this... (for intake setup)

(1) LS6 Valley Cover Tray (PN#12568002)
(2) 99-02 Knock Sensors
(1) 99-02 Knock Sensor Wire Harness
(1) Oil Pressure Sending Unit...?? - Do I need this/should I replace?
(1) Mike Norris Catch Can...?? - Do I need this since I'm going with LS6 valley cover?
(1) LS6 gasket set (Felpro?)

Thats what I have so far. Any advice is much appreciated.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
Did you guys swap your oil pressure sending unit and knock sensors while swapping the intake? Just bought an LS6 intake and I'm looking to cover all of my bases. Also planning an EGR/AIR delete while I'm in there (Longtubes will probably be installed at the same time - race style). So far my parts list looks like this... (for intake setup)

(1) LS6 Valley Cover Tray (PN#12568002)
(2) 99-02 Knock Sensors
(1) 99-02 Knock Sensor Wire Harness
(1) Oil Pressure Sending Unit...?? - Do I need this/should I replace?
(1) Mike Norris Catch Can...?? - Do I need this since I'm going with LS6 valley cover?
(1) LS6 gasket set (Felpro?)

Thats what I have so far. Any advice is much appreciated.
I didn't replace any of that. For my LS6 intake gaskets I just got whatever generic ones they sell for $20 at Auto Zone, Napa, ect...shouldn't matter.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
I didn't replace any of that. For my LS6 intake gaskets I just got whatever generic ones they sell for $20 at Auto Zone, Napa, ect...shouldn't matter.
Gotcha. I'm just nervous about having to pull the intake and replace a knock sensor after the install. My car has 113K miles so I'm pretty sure I'll just take care of that while the intake if off. I guess my biggest decision is weather or not to replace the valley cover while the intake is off. I hate the idea of oil passing through my beautiful new LS6 intake lol.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where is your part 1?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gotcha. I'm just nervous about having to pull the intake and replace a knock sensor after the install. My car has 113K miles so I'm pretty sure I'll just take care of that while the intake if off. I guess my biggest decision is weather or not to replace the valley cover while the intake is off. I hate the idea of oil passing through my beautiful new LS6 intake lol.
You got 113 k miles on your ls1 with no problems..alittle oil isn't going to harm the intake. Alot of delicate work for a vally cover if your not too sure of what your doing. At 113k, knock sensors are probably a good idea, and if the ospu is in good shape I'd leave it..
Old 12-29-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sepsis
Where is your part 1?
Part 1 is lost forever.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

wow, I can swap my intake manifold out in less then 20 minutes... but a good vid for newbs.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

The swap seems very straightforward, I'm most concerned with breaking the OPSU on accident.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

The swap seems very straightforward, I'm most concerned with breaking the OPSU on accident.
I'm in the same boat as you..I just took my ls1 out 2 days ago..and just ordered my p&p throttle body from potz (e-bay)..As far as the intake coming out...It wasn't too bad, make sure you have the fuel line dissconnect tool, the back intake bolt under the tranny dip stick was a pita,and the last injector on the drivers side was tricky...As far as the opsu in the back...I tried to snake the brake booster hose around it but couldn't..Kinda got the the mentality that if I brake it..**** it I'll buy a new one..but got lucky and it seems to be fine..I also took my erg and air out first to get alittle bit more room to work..
The tb, ls6, Lt's, duels, and mmounts in my sig are all in the proccess of going on my car right now..
Old 01-05-2012, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Part 1 is lost forever.
If have the throttle body bypass done can I just do away with the collant lines running underneath the intake when I do the ls6 intake swap?This way I wont have to chizel anything or buy any other collant lines.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6man29
If have the throttle body bypass done can I just do away with the collant lines running underneath the intake when I do the ls6 intake swap?This way I wont have to chizel anything or buy any other collant lines.
No you need to buy ls6 coolant lines and block offs or chisel the bottom of the manifold

Swap seemed daunting at first but the second time I did it I had it on and off in 30 minutes.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Default Egr

I got an LS6 intake. I really appreciate the video and the posts here. It really helps. I am also doing EGR and AIR delete.

I have SLP long tubes already. I have a 2000 WS6.

I cannot reach the EGR tube on the passenger side header. Up on top is the AIR system bracket, and the AIR system was easy to disconnect, just two 10mm bolts. The same diamond shaped port is off the header lower down on the passenger side. I just cant get down there to disconnect.

I disconnected the EGR bracket from the head and from the old intake. So it is mobile, but despite moving it around I can't reach where the EGR tube plugs into the header.

I am doing all this from the top. Do I just need to jack the car up and try from the bottom. I was flying thru the install until this point.

Please help.

thanks
Old 08-06-2014, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tigersooner
I got an LS6 intake. I really appreciate the video and the posts here. It really helps. I am also doing EGR and AIR delete.

I have SLP long tubes already. I have a 2000 WS6.

I cannot reach the EGR tube on the passenger side header. Up on top is the AIR system bracket, and the AIR system was easy to disconnect, just two 10mm bolts. The same diamond shaped port is off the header lower down on the passenger side. I just cant get down there to disconnect.

I disconnected the EGR bracket from the head and from the old intake. So it is mobile, but despite moving it around I can't reach where the EGR tube plugs into the header.

I am doing all this from the top. Do I just need to jack the car up and try from the bottom. I was flying thru the install until this point.

Please help.

thanks
No, you should be able to reach it from the top. If need be, use various elbows & bends to reach it.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Default got it

got it this morning. i used a combination of extensions. thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to install LS6 Intake Manifold Video