Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have any experience with this ebay full exhaust kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default anyone have any experience with this ebay full exhaust kit?

so i was driving down the highway in a construction zone friday night and out came the base to a orange barrel, ran it over and it ripped the y pipe off my headers, broke the transmission exhaust hanger, destroyed the borla muffler and generally tweaked everything pretty badly. this was all before i had to drag it the 2 miles to the nearest exit. so the construction company has agreed they owe me a new system and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this particular ebay seller. the kit is supposed to be all polished stainless steel and has integrated mufflers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_4386wt_941
Old 11-01-2009, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I have never seen an exhaust go under the rear axle?? Maybe I just havent looked close enough? I wouldn't spend that kind of money on an exhaust unless I knew a lot about it and heard it before.. Good luck with your decision!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bonestock99
Personally I have never seen an exhaust go under the rear axle?? Maybe I just havent looked close enough? I wouldn't spend that kind of money on an exhaust unless I knew a lot about it and heard it before.. Good luck with your decision!
You must not have been around these cars long. Most people who have duals either dump them before the rear axle or go under the axle(more expensive than dumped cause you have to add on). The reason most people don't go over the axle cause it cost so much to do that and it's hard to get it to fit into there. But anything can be done if you pull out your wallet.

As for the question you asked no I haven't seen a post or know anyone that's ran this system posted on here before. But I see the one your looking at is a CME(Center Mount Exhaust) So if your going to get the CME one then you need to get a rear valance for it, if you don't already have the CME. An The only other I can say is don't expect everything to fit perfect. It might and that will be great but don't expect it.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

looks like a good system, and who cares about price since the construction company is going to pay for it anyway
Old 11-01-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered their SLP LM2 clone. It's really nice looking. It's not installed so I can't comment on fitment but they take offers. Send them a really low offer. I offered less than half what they had listed on eBay and they approved it.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

id stay far away from that. there is no way thats goin to clear the rear end.
for 1,200 you can get so much better.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

i know people usually have the valance installed with the cme but ive seen a few without it and as long as the exhaust is installed clean it looks really good, and being that the system is polished stainless i think it will look ok, matter of opinion ultimately but i like it. and without the valance it gives better ground clearance going in and out of the driveway, right now the tips on my slp catback scrape, i imagine the corners of the valance will scrape in the same way.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What the hell kinda drive way you coming out of? Oh my bad you live in Alabama. *J/K* lol sorry I had to throw that in I live in TN. Hey if you like it go for it but I would be more concerned if the headers had a leak and the overall clearance. I mean that looks bad *** hell but if they are made by the people who make those ebay headers everyone is talking about then it may be a good deal. But LS1 Sean you need to get yours installed so you can tell everyone about it Pro's and Con's and the great debate on the ground clearance.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya, we have hella deep drainage gutters around southern bama. the only thing im worried about is that it will sound like the LM1 or 2, both in my opinion are very very unrefined and raspy, i believe the term "bag of chewed ********" is the usual description.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hear ya on that. lol I bet it would sound like the LM's But it lookes like the muffler inside of them might be chambered.

But if your really set on that setup I would see if they can offer that in a 2.5" instead of 3 but you may have to weld the tips on though.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

why would you prefer a 2.5 in over a 3 in? ground clearance? i know that the dual 2/5 in pipes will flow WAY more than the single over the axle 3.5 i have now, any other gains with the 2.5 dual over the 3.5 single? i will have the entire system welded so welding the tips wouldn't be an issue.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimmyducati
why would you prefer a 2.5 in over a 3 in? ground clearance? i know that the dual 2/5 in pipes will flow WAY more than the single over the axle 3.5 i have now, any other gains with the 2.5 dual over the 3.5 single? i will have the entire system welded so welding the tips wouldn't be an issue.
You got it ground clearance. But the way that system is set up it don't look like you will lose much off it compared to TSP true dual dumped system. I think the only think you will have to worry about is, is it going to be hitting or rubbing anything under the car. But other than that go for it. I think you said your just going to get catback and not headers. If your not getting headers and you have your's on already I'd say go for it since your only getting the catback.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

yup, allready have stainless werks headers, not very impressed with the ground clearance of there Y pipe so that would be a plus having the true duals tuck up alittle better.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Talking

if you put some 4x4 springs on there then yo'll be good to go !!!!!!!! lol

Quick Reply: anyone have any experience with this ebay full exhaust kit?