Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Spewing from PCV On track!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Spewing from PCV On track!

I have a road race car I just swapped an Ls6 into. On the drivers side Valve Cover I have a pop in Breather, on the Pass side I have a PCV catch can with a breather on it.

After a few short sessions during practice the drivers side enginer was COVERED in oil from the oil spewing from the around the breather, which caused smoking on track pretty badly.

Its a carb'd LS6 so I don't have a typical PCV system. ANy ideas on how to eliminate the oil? Add a second catch can? I thought about adding a second pass side valve cover with the hose fitting on it and routing it to the catch can and/or adding an electric vacuum pump to the car.

HELP!
Old 02-20-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Run both lines to the vented catch can and remove the drivers side breather. Test it a lap to be sure there's no oil leaking from the PCV. You have to be very careful with the oil on the motor because it will catch fire.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

One more thing... Try to mount the catch can higher then the valve covers (on the strut brace works well).