Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPS man left me something nice today

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPS man left me something nice today

Well, my SLP LM exhaust came apart at the weld so I decided it was a good time to just upgrade to a true dual system. Then if I'm doing true duals, I might as well upgrade the headers and since I'm doing headers it'd be the best time to do motor mounts, so here goes.

Pacesetter LT's coated, Poly mounts, and TSP True Duals. I'll be installing them on Monday. I can't wait guys. Also I won't be able to get it tuned till the end of March, will it be ok to drive without the rear O2's until then or will it run really poorly or anything?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:58 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You'll be fine without the rear O2's....they just monitor cat performance so you'll have a code set on the dash, but it'll have no affect on the A/F ratio.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Very nice set up. Keep us posted on how the install goes, and take pics if you can. Getting ready to do the same thing to my car in a couple weeks. Good luck with the motor mounts!!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
You'll be fine without the rear O2's....they just monitor cat performance so you'll have a code set on the dash, but it'll have no affect on the A/F ratio.
Alright, awesome thanks. I wasn't sure if it'd lean out or something because the rear O2's but that's good. I'll try to take pics of my install. My friend and I are gonna be trying to tackle this next Monday. I'm hoping we can get it done in that full day. We're planning on starting really early and working until we get it done, but we'll see. As long as we can get the headers and mounts in then I can drive it home and finish up the exhaust the next day.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

looking good, now enjoy the TONE of TD`s.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

I can't wait to hear it. I wish I could install it now but work doesn't allow me to until Monday
Old 03-17-2010, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

Well, 18 hours later my friend and I had the headers and mounts done, then I drove it home and mounted the exhaust in an hour. Then, was driving around enjoying the new exhaust and broke my rear driveshaft U Joint lol I had to remove the driveshaft loop for my duals and I've never messed with U joints before so I think I over torqued it. Going to get a new one today and fix it. Already pulled the driveshaft out and got the old joint out. I'm loving the exhaust and headers though. It sounds so nice and really wasn't as loud as I was expecting it. I'm thinking I may keep it as dumps for a while. I don't notice it too much. I'll try to take some pics soon